The Rough Rider

The Student News Site of Roosevelt Intermediate School

The Rough Rider

The Rough Rider

Best Beaches in New Jersey 2024

Best Beaches in New Jersey 2024

One thing that New Jersey is known for is its stunning beaches along the Jersey Shore. Many students from Roosevelt travel to the beach with their families, so we surveyed a number of people to determine which beaches are most popular at Roosevelt School.  Below are the results of what we found. 

Long Beach Island was the most popular destination mentioned.  It is a barrier island and summer colony along the Atlantic Ocean in Ocean County, New Jersey. With 18 miles of beaches, Long Beach Island is considered by many in the state to be a beach-lovers paradise. In addition to the beach life, visitors can partake in fishing, boating, shopping, dining, and even visit the beloved Barnegat Lighthouse. Visitors will need to pay a beach fee which is used for upkeep, maintenance and protection of the beach, but it is a small price to pay for experiencing one of New Jersey’s best beaches.

Wildwood was also very popular with Roosevelt students.  Like Long Beach Island, Wildwood is also a barrier island known for its wide, sandy beaches. Frequent visitors are familiar with the iconic Sightseer tram car that runs along the long Wildwood Boardwalk.  The boardwalk itself is as popular as the beach, with plenty of places to visit including eateries, shops, waterparks and thrill rides. In fact, the Wildwoods’ Boardwalk offers 38 blocks of fun with over 100 rides and attractions. Wildwood is a great summer town and has plenty of things for people of all ages to do and enjoy.  

Seaside Heights is a borough situated on the Jersey Shore within Ocean County.  The beach has many popular attractions including Casino Pier & Breakwater Beach.  And while the beach itself is what most people come for, it also has a wonderful, amusement-oriented boardwalk with numerous games, rides and restaurants. Seaside and Seaside Heights have also been very popular with high school students, who often spend the weekend down there after celebrating the senior prom.  

Point Pleasant Beach is a coastal borough that is the closest to Westfield and is a popular destination for day trips to the beach.  Point Pleasant Beach has both public access and private beaches, and tends to attract big crowds, particularly on the weekends.  It too has a very large boardwalk that offers games, rides, a miniature golf course and lots of treats to eat.  Point Pleasant also has the unique feature of having an aquarium right of the boardwalk, which offers a fun alternative to people who want to escape the sun and heat for a while.  

There are dozens of beaches along the amazing Jersey Shore, and while opinions may vary on which one is the best spot, the truth is the best beach always seems to be whatever one you are visiting at the moment.