The Rough Rider

The Student News Site of Roosevelt Intermediate School

The Rough Rider

The Rough Rider

Morgan Wallen Arrested in Nashville, Tennessee

Morgan Wallen making news for all the wrong reasons.

On April 7th, 2024, country music superstar, Morgan Wallen allegedly tossed a chair from the roof of Chief’s, a rooftop bar & music venue, on Broadway in Nashville, Tennessee.  The incident occurred shortly before 11 pm, and fortunately nobody was injured by the falling chair.  Police were actually standing nearby and witnessed the chair crash to the ground from the 6th floor roof, landing approximately 3 feet from where they were standing.

Wallen was immediately taken into custody and was charged with disorderly conduct as well as three counts of reckless endangerment to the public. If convicted on all charges his actions could land him in jail for 6 years. While Wallen did not initially comment on the incident, his attorney reported that Morgan was, “Cooperating fully with authorities.” However, at a later point Wallen tweeted on X (Twitter), “I’ve touched base with Nashville law enforcement, my family, and the good people at Chiefs. I’m not proud of my behavior, and I accept responsibility.” 

In the aftermath of his arrest, Wallen, who is 30 years old and is currently on tour, faced questions regarding whether he would cancel future shows on the tour.  In a follow up Tweet on X, Wallen explained, “I have the utmost respect for the officers working every day to keep us all safe. Regarding my tour, there will be no change.”

Wallen is an immensely popular country music singer, but sadly, this is not the first time he has found himself in trouble.  This latest incident is extremely concerning, and everyone is incredibly thankful that nobody was hurt or even worse killed.  What consequences Wallen will eventually face remain to be seen, but it is safe to say Wallen needs to focus much more on his music and performing, and a lot less on creating trouble.